Try this recipe today, Halabos na Alimasag. Best to partner with Pritong tilapia, nilagang okra at talong, with spicy suka and bagoong alamang dippings! Mouthwatering!
Halabos na Alimasag Recipe
1 kilogram blue crabs (Alimasag)
5 cloves garlic, crushed (or more)
1 can Sprite or 1 bottle
salt to taste
- Wash and clean the crabs and remove the belly flap of each crab. Drain water and set aside.
- In a deep pot, pour in the Sprite, add in the garlic and the crabs. Season with a pinch of salt. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Then just let it simmer over low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep the pot covered and let the residual heat continue to cook the crabs for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with spiced vinegar, garlic with red chili peppers.
- Serve and enjoy!