Try these sticky Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla and Butterscotch Pudding. It’s a gooey cinnamon roll you can bake without yeast. Then, glazed it with cream cheese frosting. Super yummy.. Happy baking!
Vanilla Butterscotch Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough:
2 ¼ cup flour
1 (3.5 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding (Jell-O Cook & Serve)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vinegar (or lemon juice)
3 tablespoon butter, melted
For the Filling:
butter, softened at room temperature
For the Toppings:
5 tablespoon butter, melted in pan
1 (3.5 oz.) package butterscotch pudding (Jell-O Cook & Serve)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
¼ cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F); Prepare a 8 x 8″ pan and spray with a non-stick cooking spray or grease.
2. In a glass, combine milk and vinegar. Stir and set aside to curdle.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, vanilla pudding, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Add the curdled milk and 3 tablespoon melted butter into the flour; mix to combine.
5. On a clean flat surface (dusted with flour), knead the dough until a smooth ball forms.
6. Flatten the dough out to about 13″ x 15″ rectangular.
7. Brush the top of the dough with butter over and then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar (use a strainer).
8. Then start rolling the dough to form a log and slice into nine pieces. Transfer the rolls into the pan.
9. Pour 5 tablespoon (melted) butter over the rolls; Sprinkle with the Jell-O butterscotch pudding powder on top (use a strainer).
10. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or just until golden brown around the edges.
11. Then invert the rolls carefully onto a serving platter or tray. Set aside to let it cool.
12. Prepare the Frosting: Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, softened butter and vanilla until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until fluffy and smooth as a frost.
13. Once the rolls are cooled, start to spread the cream cheese frost all over the rolls. Serve and enjoy.
You may also try our:
Credits Eric Petruno