This Chili Garlic Sauce (Filipino Style) is the perfect blend you are looking for. Spicy but not too much. If you want it extremely spicy, just double or triple the cup of red chili peppers. The first recipe is for personal consumption and the 2nd recipe is for Business Recipe. The Business Recipe is Extra Spicy. Try this recipe, perfectly blended chilis and garlic.
Watch Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe Video:
Servings: ½ Large Jar
CHILI GARLIC SAUCE
1 cup red chili peppers (siling labuyo)
5 heads garlic (about 80pcs cloves)
3 cups vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1 Knorr broth cube, optional (chicken/ or pork/or shrimp)
1. Crushed the garlic in a mortar and pestle and removed the peel. Chop off the crown of red chili peppers and roughly chop.
2. Blend the garlic with 1 cup oil until it becomes paste like. Remove and transfer into the bowl.
Note: Make sure there are no more bits and pieces left or it will float on top of the sauce.
3. Blend the red chili peppers and 1 cup oil until fine in texture. Remove and transfer into a bowl.
4. In a large non stick pan, pour in the red chili pepper mixture with the garlic paste mixture, additional 1 cup oil and broth cubes.
5. I used medium to low heat and was patient to cook it slowly. From time to time I put back the heat to high then put it back to low.
6. Keep stirring gently, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Let it cook for about 30-35 minutes or until the garlic turns brown and no longer white.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Turn off heat. Let it cool and transfer into prepared sterilized jars.
Chili Garlic Sauce (For Business Recipe)
1/2 kilogram red chili peppers (siling labuyo)
1/2 kilo garlic (bawang) (you can buy the pre-peeled/skinless garlic at the market)
2 tablespoon. salt
2 pieces broth cubes (pork or shrimp)
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1.5 Liter cooking oil
- Use a large pot when cooking the chili garlic mixture. (Follow the same instruction as above.)
- Cooking time may take up to one hour or until the garlic turns brown. Use medium to low heat only and keep stirring the mixture.