Try these Veggie Balls (Pinoy Street food) with spiced vinegar sawsawan. Quick, easy and budget friendly pinoy street food negosyo/business you can sell in your neighborhood. Business swak na swak!
Cooking Notes: You may use or add any vegetables you like – malunggay, carrots, cabbage, celery, bell pepper etc.
Veggie Balls Recipe
- 1 cup puso ng saging, grated/minced (or use any available vegetables like: malunggay, carrots, cabbage, celery, bell pepper etc., gayatin mo lamang ng pino)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp of pepper powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated/minced
- 1 onion, minced/grated
- 3 tablespoon onion leaves, grated/minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- oil for frying
- For Vinegar Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, minced
- 1-2 pcs red chilies
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder together.
- Then add all the other ingredients with the flour. Stir it well until all ingredients are fully incorporated. (Lahat ng gulay ay dapat ginayat or tinadtad maigi or ng pino).
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set aside the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Dip/wet a spoon in a glass of water, scoop some fishball mix/batter and make a ball by the help of another spoon. Shape it around and gently push over the oil to fry.
- Deep fry the first veggie ball batter in a low heat until the color turns light brown. Taste it first and adjust the taste of the mixture or batter before frying the next batch.
- For the Spiced Vinegar: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix it well and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.