My little kid really loves pancakes, so I’ve been cooking this for quite some time in different versions and recipes and mostly on a gas stove. But today I decided to cook our pancakes for breakfast using my Imarflex induction cooker with Maya Hotcake Mix.
In this recipe, I will tell you what temperature to use in cooking pancakes over an induction cooktop and the easy technique to make it flawless just like in any pancake house. My Pancakes came out perfectly golden brown. We all love it!
Pancakes using Induction Cooker
- 250g Maya Hotcake Mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla flavor (optional), you can add more so it smells like belgian waffles.
- In a small pitcher, beat egg, add oil and water. Then add a 250g package of Hotcake mix.
- Using a fork, mix the batter gently until no more lumps for about a minute or two. Set aside and let the baking powder activate for about two minutes.
- Place the pan on the induction cooker. Add 2 tablespoon of batter in the center. It should form into a round shape. (Important: You need to put the food you need to cook on the pan first before pressing the “ON” button).
- Turn on the induction and press “Function” to “Hotpot”, and adjust the temperature to 8°C by pressing the “minus”. Let the pancake cook for about 1 minute and 5 seconds (I used my own timer watch).
- Press “Pause”, and gently try to lift the edges around the pancake with a flat spoon if you can lift it (the batter shouldn’t stick on the spoon, but must be slightly firm on the edge).
- Slide the flat spoon underneath the whole pancake and turn it over quickly. Press “Resume” to start cooking and time it for 45 seconds.
- Turn it over again, giving it 5 seconds and turn it over again to give another 5 seconds to cook, making sure there are no more uncooked batter in the center of the pancake.
- Turn off the induction. Repeat the same for the remaining batter (will yield 7 pancakes).
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 7 pancakes