Delicious Chicken Hamonado recipe in pineapple sauce and chunks. Super yummy and delicious for the whole family. Also good to make for special occasion, potlucks or weekender special. Happy cooking!
Pineapple Chicken Hamonado
- 1.2 kilograms chicken, chopped in serving sizes
- 1 can pineapple chunks (398ml)
- 2 bell peppers (red and green), chopped in chunks
- 3 fried hotdogs, chopped & sliced in octopus style
- 2 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
- 1 lemon, juiced (or calamansi)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Make Ahead: Marinade the chicken in a bowl with patis, lemon juice and pinch of pepper powder. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Once the chicken is well marinated, remove the chicken pieces from the sauce.
- Cooking Time: In a nonstick pan, heat an oil, and fry the chicken and brown it on the side. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté garlic and onions until soft and fragrant for about 1-2 minutes. Add back chicken and toss until the chicken absorbs the flavor.
- Pour in the pineapple juice, season with sugar, soy sauce and let it boil.
- Just let it simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pineapple chunks with syrup and continue to cook over low heat until the sauce has reduced and the chicken becomes tender for about 20 minutes more.
- Add the chunks of red and green bell pepper over the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Add the fried (octopus style) hotdogs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!