Filipinos Favorite Grilled Pork Belly or otherwise known as Inihaw na Liempo! Classic Filipino Streetfood Favorite especially for Pulutan and summer beach outing. Hindi po ito nawawala sa kahit saan summer outing ng mga Pinoy.
Remember Inihaw na liempo is best when grilled in charcoal, but you can always bake it in the oven at 190°C for about 20 minutes or even cook it in an air fryer.
Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly)
- 1 Kilogram liempo ng baboy (Pork belly)
- ¼ cup banana catsup
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 pieces calamansi, juiced
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- For Toyomansi Sauce:
- ½ cup toyo
- 2 pcs calamansi, juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in rings
- 1 small onions, sliced in rings
- Marinade the liempo in advance. In a container with cover, combine pork liempo, soy sauce, calamansi, salt, ground black pepper, garlic and mix well. Refrigerate the pork for about 3 hours or longer.
- After marination, transfer the marinated liempo with the marinade in a mixing bowl. Then, add banana ketchup and cooking oil. Mix it well. (The excess mixture can be used for basting the liempo while grilling).
- Prepare the grill and charcoal. Brush the grill with oil and start grilling the pork belly over low charcoal heat and keep flipping until cooked through. Brush it with the basting sauce if it gets dry on top.
- Serve hot with toyomansi dipping sauce.
- Share and Enjoy!