Skip to content
Sinigang Na Bangus (Kamias at Tanglad)
- 1 kilogram bangus, sliced in serving size
- 3 pirasong kamatis, hiniwa
- 2 pieces onions, chopped
- 6-8 pieces hilaw na kamias, sliced
- 4 cups water (or hugas bigas)
- 1 talong, sliced
- 1 bundle sitaw, sliced
- 1 labanos, sliced
- 1 bundle tanglad, chopped (lemon grass)
- 2 kutsarang patis (fish sauce)
- 3 pirasong siling panigang
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add labanos, tomatoes, onions and kamias. Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do a taste test, and check the sourness of the soup. Once the soup is sour enough, add the slices of bangus and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the other vegetables, like sitaw, talong, tanglad and siling haba. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with Patis to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our: