Yummy Filipino Style Stir-Fried Eggplant with Star Margarine. Buttery amd Garlicky Talong, ang sarap at yummy talaga!
Stir-Fried Garlicky Eggplant
6 pcs Chinese eggplant (medium)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoon Star Margarine (or butter)
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon fresh ginger/luya, finely grated
1 tablespoon soy sauce; more to taste
Green onions/Spring Onions (optional garmish)
- Cut the eggplant in large diagonal size, (smaller will make it mushy).
- In a colander, transfer eggplant and toss with 1 tablespoon of salt. Set aside and let drain for about 45 minutes. Then rinse with water thoroughly and pat dry the eggplants.
- Transfer the eggplants to another dry bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch evenly.
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplants but don’t overlap and fry it by batch. Fry and gently flip with a tong one by one.
- Let cook until the eggplant is golden and slightly toasted for about 2-3 minutes. Once done, transfer to a paper lined plate.
- Once all the eggplants are fried. Use the same pan, and wipe away previous oil. Add the margarine over low heat.
- Add the garlic and fry over lowest heat until toasted. Once garlic is toasted, add the ginger and let it cook until fragrant.
- Return the eggplant to the pan. Add the soy sauce and shake the pan (or toss gently) to combine, about 1 minute.
- Serve topped with the scallion, and season to taste with soy sauce.