INIHAW NA PUSIT (BINUSOG)
- 6 pcs medium-size squid, cleaned and ink sac removed
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon chili/hot sauce (or ketchup if you prefer not spicy)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- FOR FILLINGS:
- 4 pieces tomatoes, minced
- 2 pieces onions, minced
- ½ cup wansoy (coriander leaves), minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon ginger, minced
- salt and pepper
Bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- Marinate the squid with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, salt and sugar overnight. When you’re ready to start cooking. (Don’t forget to make an extra marinade/sauce for basting/grilling).
- For the filling: Combine all the minced ingredients in a bowl and stuffed it inside the marinated squid. Seal it using a bamboo stick or skewer. Slit the belly part as seen in the photo before grilling.
- Prepare the charcoal griller and brush the grills with oil.
- Once the grill is very hot, grill the squid for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Make sure not to overcook the squid, it will turn rubbery when overcooked.
- Brush it with the extra marinade to keep it moist and juicy.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Don’t forget the toyomansi dipping sauce with minced onions and chilis.