Herbed Butter Steak
2 rib eye steaks, ½ inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
steak seasoning (or salt & pepper), to taste
2 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon thyme, minced (fresh or dried)
½ teaspoon rosemary, minced (fresh or dried)
IF USING GRILL:
- Take out the steak from the fridge at least 45 minutes before cooking.
- Pat dry and marinate the steak, brush it with olive oil and liberally season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (approximately 190°C or 375°F).
- Grill the steak 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes per side for medium.Remove from the grill and drizzle with dried herbs and a pat of butter, loosely tent with foil.
- Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with fried sweet potato fries and 2 minutes boiled broccoli on the side.
- Serve and enjoy!
IF USING OVEN:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F
- Preheat a large cast-iron pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 2 minutes per side to brown
- Transfer the steak in a foiled/greased tray and place it in the oven. Roast for 11-14 minutes or until the steak reaches the desired temperature (about 135–145°F).
- Immediately remove steaks from the pan and place on a plate to rest. While hot, drizzle the steaks with herbs and a pat of butter, loosely tent with foil. Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
Cooking Note: Do I need to tenderize the rib eye steak? A Rib eye steak should be of high quality already. Normally, there is no need to pound it or tenderize it.
If using pepper, add it after you take it out from the grill or oven. (Drizzle it on the last stage of cooking so it doesnt get burned).