Try this easy and budget friendly version of Escabecheng Tilapia. Quick and easy ingredients of fresh tomatoes, vinegar and soy sauce.
ESCABECHENG TILAPIA RECIPE
- 3 pieces tilapia
- 4-5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, julienned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, julienned
- ½ tasang suka
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in little water)
- salt and pepper
- Season tilapia with salt all over and fry it in a pan. Transfer into a serving plate and set aside.
- In another pan, heat oil and sauté onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes until tomatoes are crushed and become saucy for about 2 minutes.
- Add in vinegar, soy sauce, water and brown sugar.
- Add in carrots, bell pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Add in dissolved cornstarch and continue to simmer until the sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn-off heat and pour in sauce on top of the fried Tilapia. Garnish with spring onions if preferred.
- Serve and enjoy!