Skip to content
Post Views: 18,617
Classic Filipino Adobo recipe that every Filipino loves to cook. Try this Adobo version.. its yummy when chicken is marinated first.
Chicken Adobo Recipe (Filipino)
- 1 kilo chicken pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil/cooking oil
- Combine chicken, soy sauce and minced garlic and refrigerate for 2 hrs to marinate.
- In a large pot, add the cooking oil and turn on heat.
- Fry the marinated chicken and cook all side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining marinade. Add peppercorns, onions and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to low and simmer for 30- 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add water as necessary to keep the chicken from drying out.
- Add vinegar and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with sugar and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.
- Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: