Chicken Cordon Bleu Overload with yummy cheese garlicky sauce recipe. Super crunchy outside and tender inside. Try it today, happy cooking!
Cordon Bleu with Cheese Garlic Sauce
- 5 pcs. Chicken Breast Fillet, whole
- 5 pcs. ham, sweet ham or spam any (cut into cubed strips)
- 3 pcs. Cooked Smoked Longganisa (cut into strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 5 pcs processed cheese (cut into cubed sticks)
- 2 pcs. Calamansi (juiced) or lemon
- 2 Eggs, (beaten)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking Oil, for Frying
For the Cheese Garlic Sauce:
10 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Alaska Evaporated milk, (400g)
3 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Flour
½ cup grated cheese
- Using a kitchen mallet, tenderize the chicken breast fillet until it becomes thinner in texture. Just be cautious not to break the meat. Transfer the tenderized chicken onto a plate and season with calamansi juice, salt and pepper.
- Assembly: Arrange the filling in the lower end, add enough ham, cheese, smoked longganisa, bell pepper and pile it together.
- Fold both sides like an envelope and roll tightly into a log. Transfer into a plate.
- Carefully dip each chicken log into beaten eggs and roll into the bread crumbs. (Press gently and place the ends underneath so it doesn’t open up). You can place temporary toothpicks if you like and remove them later.
- Transfer the chicken logs into the freezer and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the cooking oil for deep frying. Deep fry the chicken logs into the hot oil over medium to low heat until golden brown. Drain from oil and transfer into a paper lined tray.
- Slice the chicken rolls into preferred thickness and drizzle with white sauce on top. Serve and enjoy!
- For the Sauce: In a pan sauté garlic until fragrant with butter. Then add flour. Once the flour is cooked and lumpy. Add evaporated milk and stir it well until the sauce becomes slightly thickened. Add ½ cup grated cheese and turn off heat. Sauce becomes thicker as it cools down.
Paraan ng Pagluluto:
- Gamit ang kitchen mallet, pitpitin ang bawat piraso ng chicken breast hanggang sa numipis ito. Make sure lang na hindi madudurog o masira ang laman ng manok. Ilagay muna sa isang bandehado at timplahan ng asin, paminta at katas ng calamansi.
- To assemble: Sa bawat piraso ng chicken breast fillet o depende sa laki ng roll na gusto, maglagay ng nais na dami ng ham, cheese, smokey longanisa at bell pepper. Tiklupin sa gilid na parang envelope kasama ang filling.
- I-roll ito ng dahan-dahan at tiyakin na mahigpit ang pagka-roll para di lumabas ang palaman. Ilagay muna sa isang lalagyan.
- Ilubog sa binating itlog ang ginawang roll..at saka i-roll naman sa breadcrumbs. (Pwede rin lagyan ng temporary toothpick to seal).
- Ilagay muna ang mga ginawang rolls sa freezer at hayaan ng mga 5 minuto.
- I-prito ang roll ng lubog sa mantika sa katamtamang lakas ng apoy hanggang sa maluto at maging golden brown ang kulay. Hanguin sa isang lalagyan.
- Hiwain ang Chicken roll sa nais na kapal at lagyan ng white garlic sauce sa ibabaw. Ihain habang mainit pa.
- For the sauce: I-prito ang bawang sa butter. Idagdag ang harina at patuloy na haluin hanggang mamuo-muo. Ibuhos ang alaska evaporated milk. Halu-haluin hanggang sa makuha ang tamang lapot ng sauce. Add grated cheese, stir well and turn-off heat.