Yogurt Parfait Recipe (For Breakfast)
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh mango cubes, pitted strawberry, and blueberries (reserve some fresh fruit garnish)
- ¼ cup granola or rolled oats or
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt, honey, and vanilla; mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet, add the oats or granola. Toast the granola or oats over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely and set aside.
- Add each fresh fruit in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Cool completely. (Cook each set of fruits separately).
- Assemble the parfaits by pouring a 1/2 cup of yogurt in each glass.
- Spoon over some of the granola/oats, top with half of the mashed fruits, then pour the rest of the yogurt on top, and finish off with more granola/oats and fresh fruits.
- Place the parfaits in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
- You may partially freeze it and pretend you’re eating ice cream.So yummy! In fact, I urge you to freeze it because it is that much better when frozen.