Skip to content
Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls
- 2 crusty large french bread
- 2 large eggs – one for each bowl
- fresh basil, parsley, or chives, or tarragon – minced (anything you like)
- 2 tablespoon cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese or gruyère , or anything sharp (old cheddar, Gouda, Asiago…)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the top off of each bread and remove the bread inside, leaving just the crusty shell (don’t make it too thin-leave some bread in there for insurance against leaking).
- Place them on a baking sheet and crack an egg into each bread bowl.
- Top each egg with some herbs, salt and pepper and about a teaspoon of cream.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan or other cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until eggs are set and bread is toasted.
- If you like, brush the tops of the buns with a little butter or oil and add them to the sheet about halfway through, to toast them as well.
You may also try the Baked Egg in Bread Bowl using bread slices as pictured below:
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
SUBSCRIBE TO NOTIFICATION