Simple and delicious fried chicken you must try! Try it today, Herbed Fried Chicken with herbed salt recipe. Happy Cooking!
HERBED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
- 10 pcs Chicken (serving sizes)
- 2 Cups Buttermilk/or plain yogurt/or make Buttermilk Substitute
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Pcs Eggs
- Oil for deep fry
- 1 Bunch Fresh Oregano
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bunch Fresh Rosemary
- salt to taste, or herbed salt (recipe below)
- pepper powder, to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Soak chicken in buttermilk for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare breading station (flour and egg)
- Dip chicken in flour then egg then flour.
- Let this sit for 5 minutes then prepare oil for frying.
- On a pan add oregano, thyme and rosemary then add in oil. (reserve some minced herbs for garnish later)
- Heat oil to frying temperature then remove herbs.
- Add in breaded chicken then deep fry until golden brown. Set aside to slightly cool then garnish with fresh minced herbs upon serving
How to Make Herb Salt
1 cup unrefined salt
2 tablespoon dried basil
¼ cup dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
Place it in a food processor, and grind it together. Store in an airtight container. You may also use this too, to season your other recipe.
Buttermilk Substitute – For every 1 cup milk add 1 tablespoon vinegar (or lemon juice). Combine together and let sit for 5 minutes (let it curdle).