Feel like making a Mexican dish today? Try this rich, savory and fiery chili con carne for a perfect meal. This Mexican Chili Con Carne is so versatile, you can partner it with tacos, rice, pasta, top it on hotdog bun, Tortillas, or even partner it with Tater Tots.. Yummy!
Chili Con Carne Recipe
- 1 Kilogram Ground Lean Ground Beef
- 1 can corn kernels, drain liquid
- 1 medium White Onion (Diced)
- 1 medium red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 5 cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 800 Grams Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1.5 L Beef Stock
- 400 Grams Canned Red Beans
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (For Toppings)
- In a pot, heat oil to sauté onions, garlic, bell pepper until lightly caramelized
- Add in tomato paste and cook for a minute or two. Next, add in ground beef, season with spices and herbs. Let it cook until lightly brown.
- Add in tomatoes, beef stock and beans. Simmer for an hour.
- Add in Corn kernels, cocoa powder and hot sauce then mix well.
- Upon serving, top it with grated Cheddar Cheese with Tortillas on the side.