It’s the Holiday Season once again.. try this unique version of salad, that will wow everyone. The Macapuno Balls Salad!
Remember, to buy and stock the macapuno balls early before they run out everywhere. I bought this in Facebook Market (the seller is very friendly), but it’s also available in groceries, Shopee and Lazada online market.
Macapuno Balls Salad
- 340g Red/Green Kaong (regular size bottle)
- 340g Macapuno Balls
- 825g Del Monte Fruit Cocktails in Can
- 2 packs Anchor Whipping Cream, chilled (200ml/pack) (or just use all purpose cream)
- 1 (40g)sachet Alaska Condensed Milk, about 3 tbsp.
- Optional: Add more seedless grapes to add color (the cocktails already have grapes but there’s just a few)
- In a large colander (perforated bowl/strainer), add the kaong, macapuno balls and fruit salad. Let it drain for about 5-10 minutes until all excess liquid is drained out.
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the chilled whipping cream and start beating with an electric mixer from speed 2-5 until it becomes thicker in texture.
- Add in condensed milk and beat again until incorporated.
- In a salad bowl, add in all the ingredients and toss them with the whipped cream.
- Transfer into the freezer and freeze it for 30 minutes. Take it out from the freezer section, then just let it chill in the lower part of the fridge for hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
If whipping cream/heavy cream is not available, feel free to substitute all purpose cream (without needing to beat the cream). Whipping cream taste better and creamier though.