Thanksgiving Menu Ideas! Learn how to make a smoked reverse sear tomahawk steak, it is rich, juicy and flavourful. One of the most delicious pieces of beef you can prepare for the Holiday season. A Tomahawk Steak is actually a Rib eye steak that has a 5″ long rib bone exposed, they call it french bone. This French bone gives the steak its unique presentation. While, a Cowboy Steak has a shorter french bone.
Use a smoker* preferably, but no problem..you can also grill or alternatively just pan fry!
But where can I buy the premium cut steaks in the Philippines? It’s all available in Lazada*, Shopee and Facebook Market.
Some of the Stores I found that are selling different cuts of steaks are: Rare Food Shop’s Premium Frozen, Steak & Stuff, Mad Mark’s Creamery and Coffee, Localmeats, Premium Meats Manila, Cazper Meat, One World Deli, D’s Frozen Basket. In Facebook Market, Steak it out PH, Deli PH and many more!
Tomahawk Steak Recipe (Smoked Reverse Seared)
- 1 (2.5-3lbs) tomahawk steak
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter, for melting
- For the Marinate:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1oz. white rum
- 1/4 cup molasses (alternatively brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped onion
- Mix all marinate ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before marinating into the steak.
- Marinade steak for 48 hours using a 1 gallon zip lock bag.
- Preheat your Smoker to 226°F (107.8°C), season all sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place it in a smoker with a thermometer probe to monitor internal temp.
- After 60 min in the smoker flip the steak. Once the steak reaches an internal temp of 135°F (57.2°C) or medium rare, pull off the smoker.
- Fire up the grill and sear the steak on both sides. Sear the steak on both sides for 15 to 20 seconds. Alternatively, you may also cook it in a non stick pan (pan fry).
- Add 2 tbsp. of butter on top of the steak.
- Rest for 10 minutes and serve!
COOKING TIPS FOR PAN FRYING:
Shall I tell you the best way to cook Tender Cuts of Beef?
- First, SEAR the meat, at a high temperature, for a short time, until a brown coating is formed.
- Then reduce the temperature, and continue the cooking.
- Do not cover the meat, and do not add water. If meat is cooked in this way the juices are held in, and the meat keeps most of its flavor.
- The drippings usually have enough flavor to form the basis of gravy.
- Tender cuts are cooked until rare, medium, or well done, according to personal preference.
- A meat thermometer removes the guesswork in roasting. Beef is RARE between the temperatures of 130°F and 150°F. MEDIUM between 100°F and 170°F., and WELL DONE at about 180°F
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).