A delicious crispy fried honey barbeque chicken wings with aromatic herbs and a touch of floral notes. So yummy!
HONEY BARBEQUE WINGS
- 20 chicken wings tips removed and cut in half
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed herbs* (Mc Cormick or Master Food brand)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (about 500ml)
- 2 large eggs
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup honey
- Whisk the milk and the eggs in a large bowl.Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the barbecue sauce and honey. Set aside.
- In a container with a lid (or large zip lock bag), add cake flour and chicken wings. Then, shake the wings until coated lightly then roll the wings in egg wash and then into the flour again. Do these steps for a couple of times until all flour is used up.
- Frying: over medium heat in a large saucepan, heat enough oil. Work in batches and fry the wings until golden brown a couple of minutes per side. Remove from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Once the wings are all done frying, dip the wings in the barbecue sauce and place them one by one on a greased roasting pan. You may use 2 pans to fit all wings. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
*For Mixed Herbs Substitute (1 part each): dried thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried marjoram, dried basil, dried sage.