Brown sugar has a good toast caramel or toffee like flavor. It’s a pretty good option to use as a sweetener if you like to add a hint of flavor to your drink. A hot brown sugar latte is one of the usual classic drinks we have at home. But we can add some twist to it.. Please adjust the sweetness based on your taste preference. This recipe is best when made using the recipe below, but feel free to adjust base on your resources.
ICED BROWN SUGAR LATTE RECIPE
- 3 shots espresso coffee (or 1 cup, any dark coffee you prefer like Nescafe Gold)
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ½ cup heavy cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 cup iced cubes
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoon brown sugar over low heat until melted, golden and thick.
- In another cup using a milk frother, froth the milk and cream until just frothy or thicker. Set aside.
- Prepare the serving glass, pour about 2 tablespoons of sugar syrup. Stain a bit of some syrup on the side of the glass (for some effects). Set aside.
- Add enough ice cubes on the glass, then add milk.
- Pour in espresso on top of froth milk.
- Using a stainless stirring rod or fork, slightly dip the rod to the bottom and gently lift the dark brown sugar from the bottom of the glass to create an ombre look.
- Serve it chilled and enjoy!