This Holiday season, try this simple and delicious recipe of Grilled Baby Back Ribs in Filipino Style Recipe. Easy, simple and quick to make..So yummy and affordable to make. Happy Holidays and enjoy!
Where can I buy Fresh/Frozen Baby Back Ribs? Aside from major supermarket, it is also available online at Lazada, Shopee and FB Market Place. Usually, next day delivery
Serving: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Grilled Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 1 kilo baby back ribs
- For Marinade:
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt (Iodized)
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoons allspice
- For Boiling: 4 cups water
- Marinade the baby back ribs with the ingredients listed above for one hour up to 8 hours preferably.
- In a large pot, place the ribs with the marinating sauce. Add 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil and just let it simmer over low heat for about 2 hours. Adjust with hot water as needed, and don’t let it dry up. The remaining sauce will be used for sauce and basting.
- Once the pork becomes tender, turn off heat and remove the pork from the pot.
- Cook the remaining sauce and simmer until it becomes thicker. Set aside for sauce and basting.
- Prepare the charcoal grill and brush it with oil on top. Grill the pork ribs for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep basting the top to keep it moist and nicely glazed.
- Serve and enjoy with Buttered Corn on the cob and coleslaw on the side.
NOTES: If griller is not available, you may also pan cook it on a non-stick pan. Alternatively, you may bake it in the oven at 275°F for about 5-10 minutes, basting and turning every 5 minutes to even out cooking.