My kitchen smelled so good while baking this Dates Loaf bread. So yummy, easy to make and very good source of fibers too! Happy baking!
Dates Loaf Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick of butter), sliced in small cubes, softened at room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, grounded in food processor
- Preheat the oven to 165°C
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar together until creamy. (Add the sugar in small batches, keep mixing and pause to scrape the side from time to time).
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- In a separate large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Add in the ground pitted dates and mix until just combined.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and cover top with foil on top. Remove foil on the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy and happy baking!