This Creamy Baked Spaghetti recipe is so creamy delicious. It’s my New Years special recipe! I cooked this for our 2022 New Years countdown Celebration. It’s thick, creamy Filipino style sauce with white truffle oil and sun-dried tomato pesto, baked in a pan with Bechamel sauce on top and lots of Quickmelt cheese. Just perfect..super delicious!
**If you can’t find the Royal Rich and Thick Pinoy Celebration Spaghetti, you may also buy the 1 kg Royal Thick and Creamy Sauce and pasta separately. I just love this Royal brand sauce, Thick and Creamy Filipino style sauce must try!
Some of the ingredients are tagged as optional, if you can’t find it in the supermarket. But these ingredients are the secret ingredient that made it so special and absolutely delish. I have provided some photos for reference. For the Truffle oil, I bought it in Shopee.
Creamy Baked Spaghetti Recipe (Filipino Style)
- 1 Royal Rich and Thick Pinoy Celebration Spaghetti (1 Kg. sauce and 1 kg spaghetti pasta pack)
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 700g ground beef (80% lean)
- 190g Sun dried Tomato pesto* (optional)
- 1 tbsp Italian white truffle infused oil* (optional)
- 2 tbsp dried Parsley
- 5 pcs Tender Juicy Hotdogs (sliced)
- 1 can sliced mushroom (400g)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Garlic Salt, to taste (regular salt is ok to use but garlic salt taste even better)
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- ½ cup water
- For Bechamel White Sauce:
- 2 tbsp kraft parmesan cheese
- 4-5 tbsp Butter, unsalted (¼ stick butter)
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 1 ½ cups Full cream milk (370ml) (we need a high fat content milk and avoid using low fat milk)
- 1 pack All purpose cream (250ml)
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup Quickmelt Cheese, grated
- Cook the Royal Spaghetti Pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer into a large bowl and cover. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the pan with oil and saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add ground beef and let it cook until browned. Season with 2 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Toss them together. Add in sliced hotdogs and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer the sauteéd beef into the large pot, then add the 1 kg Royal thick and creamy sauce. Let it simmer over low heat. (In my case, I had to use my rice cooker to cook my sauce.)
- Add mushroom, sun dried tomato pesto. Season with 2 tbsp soy sauce, Parsley. Keep mixing and let it simmer over low heat. Add ½ cup water, season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. Lastly add about 1 tablespoon white truffle infused oil (my truffle oil is in spray, I sprayed about 4-5 times). Turn off heat. Set aside.
- Prepare Bechamél White Sauce: In a saucepan, just scald/heat the milk over low heat. Turn off heat right away once milk is hot and don’t let it boil. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt butter over very low heat. Add flour and mix it well until it becomes lumpy. Let the flour cook with the butter. Add hot milk and mix it together with a whisk or fork. Let the sauce thicken for a few seconds, add the cream, parmesan cheese and keep stirring (it’s ok if it looks lumpy). Turn off heat right away.
- Then add ¼ cup cold water, little by little only and keep whisking it until the consistency becomes satin smooth and creamy. (You may also use an electric beater if preferred, but a whisk or fork can do it well too or use a strainer and press it down for a smooth look.)
- Assembly: Prepare a large baking/roasting pan, fit to your oven. About 9″ x 16″ x 2.3″ size pan.
- Add cooked pasta, and gradually add in thick and creamy sauce. Mix it well until combined and lay it flat on the pan. Press it down with a large spoon to make it compact.
- Then add the Bechamel White sauce on top, spread it out and make sure to cover everything on top. Lastly, grate the quickmelt cheese generously on top to cover the white sauce.
- Bake in the oven at 130°C for about 10-15 minutes or just until the cheese on top is melted or golden. Serve and enjoy!
- If you dont have an oven..it is good to go!!! Because Quickmelt cheese will melt on normal temperature.
Cooking Notes: I am using an Electric oven. So please adjust based on your type of oven, because heat may vary per oven. Also, the 1 kg pasta will not fit all in the pan size I used, about 200g pasta were in excess and I served it as a normal spaghetti.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).