This Date Jam is so yummy, I just want to eat this jam as it is..The original recipe suggested using apples or grape juice..But since I have 3 overripe lemons sitting in my fridge, I decided to make a jam with a hint of sour and sweet. Trust me..it came out so perfect..I am enjoying munching it as a jam itself. However, feel free to use any other sweet fruit juice like grapes or apples or oranges. The flavors used in this recipe are a perfect combination.
Makes 250 grams jam
Date Jam Recipe
- 2 cups (300 grams) pitted dates
- 3 lemons, squeezed (or ½ cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1 cup water (about 200ml water)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (from a health food store)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 tablespoon (blueberry flavored) maple syrup (Can Natur brand), or just use sugar
- Grind the pitted dates using a bullet food processor or blender. Or manually minced/chop it if you like.
- Transfer to a non stick pan or saucepan.
- Add the 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, ½ cup lemon juice, maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix it well until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the hot jam into the sterilized jars or containers.
If the jars are sterilize, the jam will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
You can freeze the jam as well, it keeps in the freezer for several months. Freeze in plastic containers too.