HOMEMADE SARDINES RECIPE
- 6-8 pcs Tamban (Sardinella), cleaned, head and tail removed
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 pc Onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 250g Tomato sauce (1 pack)
- Water, as needed
- 1 pcs Siling labuyo
- 2-3 pcs Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon pamintang buo
- Salt, to taste
- Sugar, as needed
- ½ pc Carrots, sliced
- In a pan, heat oil to saute onions and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add water, red chili peppers, bay leaves and whole black pepper and carrots.
- Season with salt, sugar and continue to simmer over low heat.
- Add in the fish. Let it simmer until cooked through.
- It is best if you can cook this into a pressure cooker for about 30 minutes when it starts to whistle. This way the fish bones will become very soft. You may need to add more tomato sauce if using a pressure cooker.