Preparation and cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Pinangat na Tilapia Recipe
- 1 kilo tilapia, cleaned and fried
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 kilo tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups kamias or green tamarind or green mangoes or calamansi juice
- 2-3 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces green chili (siling haba)
- In a pot, arrange fish, onion, tomatoes, kamias, salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough water to cover the fish.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Adjust heat to low and just let it simmer.
- While boiling, take out all the tomatoes and kamias and transfer into a bowl. Press and mashed them together using a fork and place back in the pot after
- Adjust seasoning according to taste and continue cooking until the fish is done.