Skip to content
Post Views: 12,000
Super yummy Filipino menu (lutong bahay), hindi lang basta simple..pero dapat masarap! You gotta try this beef with sayote in saucy sauce and make sure the beef is very tender.
Did you know that Filipino Sayote in English is called Chayote. Yes..almost alike..just change the first letter from S to Ch (Chayote).
Cooking Tips: For a unique look on your Chayote, you may also use a crinkle/zigzag cutter/knife you can also use this for other vegetables like potatoes and carrots.
Beef with Sayote Recipe
- 3 pcs chayote, peeled & sliced
- ½ kilogram beef steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 beef broth cube
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup cold water (slurry)
- Salt, to taste
- In a pan, heat oil to sauté garlic and onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add the sliced beef and cook for about 15 minutes until browned.
- Add oyster sauce, soy soy sauce and saute for a minute.
- Add water, broth cube and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes or just until the beef becomes tender. Adjust with increments of hot water as needed.
- Add the sliced sayote, cornstarch slurry and cook for 8-10 minutes. Mix well and simmer until sauce is just slightly thicker.
- Adjust taste, season with salt and black pepper. Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: