Healthy, quick and easy Chinese Tofu side dish that you can easily make! Its very yummy!
But where can I buy this Silken tofu or Soft tofu? Just check it out in major grocery like Sm, Landers and SnR. Usually located in the frozen section together with other items like Spring roll wrapper, Molo wrapper and Kimchi. You may also purchase it in Korean grocery store, or online at Lazada, Shopee, or Facebook Market.
Steamed Soft Tofu with minced Pork Recipe
- 1 block soft tofu* (silken tofu)
- ½ cup of minced pork (or ground pork)
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (chopped)
- 1 small shallot, chopped (or onion)
- 1 stalk of spring onion
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ¼ tsp of sesame seed oil
- ½ cup of water
- In a pan add water and place a rack. Steam soft tofu on top and cover. Steam for about 5-7 minutes.
- In another pan, add oil and toast the garlic until browned and crispy over low heat (slowly toasting). Reserve half of the garlic for garnish and leave the remaining on the pan. Then add in shallots to saute until fragrant. Add in ground pork and pan fry until browned.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and water. Let simmer to cook the pork. Add spring onion and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and add in sesame oil.
- Transfer steamed tofu into serving plate and slice into serving sizes. Top it with minced pork with sauce. Garnish with toasted garlic and chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).