These Chicken wings are spicy sweet! Its a crispy chicken soaked in sweet, red spicy chili sauce. If you love chicken wings.. you have to try it too! Because its very easy to make and delicious!
Sweet Chili Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 pcs Chicken wings pieces, cut in the joint
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 Onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red Chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 4 tablespoon Corn Flour/Polenta/Corn meal
- 2 tablespoon Corn oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 large Egg
- Salt to taste
- 10 tablespoon Banana ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spring onions, chopped (green part)
- Oil for frying
- Wash the chicken wings and drain water thoroughly.
- Season chicken with soy sauce and salt. Let it marinade for one hour. Set aside.
- Beat the egg and mix it to the chicken wings until evenly coated. Then roll it into cornflour, immediately deep fry to a golden brown colour. Drain from oil and set aside.
- Heat the corn oil in a pan. Saute ginger, garlic and onion, let it cook until browned and fragrant. Now, add the chili powder, chopped chili pieces, banana ketchup, vinegar and sugar. Keep mixing and add salt to taste.
- Then add the fried chicken wings and keep stirring gently to coat the wings.
- Serve garnished with chopped spring onions.