Bitterless Ampalaya preparation: Prepare a big bowl with lukewarm water and a teaspoon of salt mixture then soak for at least 5 minutes then squeeze it using two hands to drip the liquid from the ampalaya before cooking.
Ginisang Ampalaya sa Alamang
- 1 cup fresh Alamang
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium ampalaya, seeded and sliced
- Patis, to taste
- cooking oil
- Using low heat, heat oil in a medium pan. Sauté garlic, onion until wilted, and add tomatoes.
- Smash the tomatoes to release the juices, then add in the alamang. Let it cook for a few minutes until slightly toasted and brown.
- Add in the ampalaya into the pan and toss it together with the Alamang.
- Simmer over low heat until Ampalaya is completely cooked. Add Patis and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!