Skip to content
Post Views: 8,342
Sinigang na Torsillo sa Bayabas Recipe
- 1 large Torsillo Fish or Baraccuda, (scaled and cleaned), cut into 6 pieces
- 1 bunch Talbos ng Kamote (Sweet Potato leaves), remove from large stems
- 2 Talong/Eggplants, sliced
- 7 ripe + semi ripe Bayabas/Guava, (peeled and cut in half)
- 2 inches whole ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium onion, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Siling Haba (long green chili peppers)
- 6 pcs okra, sliced (Lady’s Fingers or Gumbo)
- 1 large Labanos/Daikon, peeled and sliced in slanted
- 2 tablespoon Patis
- Ground Black pepper, to taste
- Pan fry the fish until browned on both sides. Drain from oil and set aside.
- In a large pot, add some oil and saute, onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes until soft and fragrant.
- Add 6 cups of water and Guava slices bring it to a boil. Cover the pot and let it cook for 8 minutes until guava becomes soft. You can take out the Bayabas and mash it to squeeze out the sour juices.
- Then add labanos, okra, talong and siling haba. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes and cover the pot.
- Add the fried Torsillo and Talbos ng Kamote leaves. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with Patis and ground pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Leave the soup covered and let the flavours develop for 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: