The classic Filipino Yema candy are shaped like pyramid in cellophanes. But you can shape it in balls too and place it in paper liners. This is my favorite childhood candy. so yummy!
Yema Candy Recipe
- 1 can condensed milk (396g)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered skyflakes crackers (finely crushed)
- 2 tablespoon finely ground nuts (optional)
- In a saucepan stir melted butter and milk until well blended. Cook over low heat only.
- Constantly mix it to avoid sticking at the bottom. Add the powdered crackers, vanilla and nuts. Mix it well to incorporate.
- Let it cook until the mixture becomes thick enough to shape into a small ball. It easily lifts from the pan when you lift the mixture.
- Turn off heat and transfer mixture into a small bowl.
- Scoop and shape into small balls and wrap it with cellophane. Then form it into triangles. Make sure to wrap the mixture while it’s still a little bit hot so it will stick to the wrapper. Happy cooking and enjoy!