Crab Legs in Butter Sauce Recipe
- 500g crab legs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Lemon wedges for serving
- You can saute the crab legs in a large skillet or bake it in the oven.
- If using the oven: preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut/or slit the crab legs crosswise, and place them on a baking tray. In a small bowl, add garlic, melted butter, and creole seasoning, and mix well. Then add lemon juice. Drizzle the sauce into the meat and all over the crab legs. Then bake them until the crab legs are heated up.Chopped the parsley, and served with leftover butter sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
- If cooking on the stove: Use a large skillet and melt the butter over medium heat; saute the garlic in the butter until fragrant; stir in the creole seasoning, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Let it cook until the mixture is bubbling. Add and toss the crab legs; let the sauce simmer for about 5-6 minutes. Enjoy!
Notes: you may also use Cajun seasoning if Creole Seasoning is not available or any of your favorite seasoning.
Make your own Creole Seasoning:
- 5 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme