Such a decadent treat, the sweetness of the jam and the stickiness of the peanut butter along with the crunch of warm toast will take you back to the happy childhood contentment. Yes, it’s a celebrated classic American PB&J sandwich back in WWII (1939).
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices of bread
- Strawberry Jam (or any jam/jelly like raspberry jam)
- Peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup milk
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a bowl whisk 4 eggs, ¼ cup milk and the ½ teaspoon vanilla essence. Mix it well and set aside.
- Spread the strawberry jam on 4 slices of bread. Set aside.
- Now spread the peanut butter on the remaining 4 slices of bread. Sandwich one slice of bread with strawberry jam and one slice of bread with peanut butter. Do the same for the remaining bread.
- Then, dip each sandwich into the milk mixture.
- Heat the pan and melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Toast the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side till golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!