Ever wondered how to make a DIY Seafood Tray, Seafood Mukbang or Mixed Cajun Seafood boil without spending too much. They’re super expensive when you order for a tray here in the Philippines. Well, you gotta try this easy delicious recipe so you can save more and cook a bigger tray or anytime you want! Remember, just purchase the spices needed first – you can find it online in Lazada or Shopee.
For the seafood, you may also use frozen mixed seafoods or add more variety to this recipe; like lobster, clams, scallops, mussels, oysters and crayfish that can be bought online or in major groceries and market. But using fresh is always the best choice.
Seafood Boil Recipe (Filipino Style)
- 1 kilogram shrimp, heads on, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ kilograms crab legs/claw, or mud crabs
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces, (preferably andouille or any smoky and spicy sausage)
- 3 fresh lemons, divided use
- ½ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- ½ lb. small baby potatoes, halved
- 2 corn on the cob, cut into 4″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- For the sauce:
- 1 bar unsalted butter (2stick or 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, (preferably Louisiana brand)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne
- ½ cup reserved broth
- Slice 2 of the lemons into quarters and reserve the remaining for garnish.
- In a large pot, add enough water that will cover all the ingredients about 1-2 liters. Add the quartered lemons, Old Bay seasoning, 4 cloves garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and crab legs to the pot and let it cook for about 8 minutes. Add the corn, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sausage and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and drain the water from the seafood (reserve 1 cup of the broth).
- Mix Cajun, paprika, cayenne, and Louisiana hot sauce in a bowl. Melt butter in a small skillet and add chopped garlic cloves, and the mix of seasonings.
- Drizzle some broth on the seafood. Then add the cajun sauce on top of the seafood and toss together.
- Garnish with chopped parsley to make it more yummy and lemon wedges. You can also make another batch of sauce for extra dippings on the side.
- Serve immediately while hot. Enjoy!
FOR GRILLERS AND OVEN USERS:
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat. (This can also be baked for 15-17 minutes at 425°F)
- Prepare four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, assorted seafoods, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add the sauce or seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.*
- Serve hot right away and garnished with chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!