How do you add a flavor to your waffle mix?
What makes a Belgian waffle smells so good is the Pure Vanilla Extract. A good quality vanilla extract like the Kirkland Signature Pure Vanilla Extract is a good choice. Your kitchen will smell so good while cooking these waffles. The kids will surely get hungry before the waffles even gets cooked.
What makes Belgian Waffle Different from the regular waffle?
Belgian Waffles are crisp on the outside and soft in the inside. The difference is in the flour used to make the batter and their size is bigger and thicker because the Waffle iron have deeper grids.
What is the secret to Crispy Waffles?
The flour you will use is the answer. The use of unbleached All purpose flour will give you a crisp Belgian Waffle.
Introduced at the 1964 NY World’s Fair. The Brooks family has been making these since 1971.
Belgian Waffle Recipe (1964)
- (Dry) Mix together:
- 2 cups unbleached All Purpose Flour (King Arthur Brand)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- (Wet) Mix together in a separate bowl:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Butter (melted)
- Beat until Hard Peak:
- 4 Egg whites, Beat until fluffy
- Mix dry and wet mixtures together in a mixing bowl.
- Gently fold egg whites into the main bowl with a spatula. Pour batter into heated, greased, deep waffle iron mold.
- Serve hot with heated syrup and dust with powdered sugar.
Note: There are recipes that call for yeast. and letting the dough rise overnight but this one has always been great.
Belgian Waffle Recipe II
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, separate yolk from white
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Prepare and preheat your waffle iron, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk and mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. (parang icing na siya sa lapot). Set aside.
- In a third bowl, mix egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add this egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites. For easy cooking you may put it on a small pitcher or use a squeeze bottle to avoid spills.
- You can start pouring the batter onto your preheated hot waffle iron. Cook according to waffle iron manufacturer’s directions.
Belgian Waffle Recipe (Bulk Recipe)
- 1 kilogram refined flour
- 1 liter milk
- 10 whole eggs
- 1 ⅛ cups castor sugar (230g)
- 2 ½ tablespoon baking powder (35g)
- 100ml refined oil
- 4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, (Whippit , Frosty whip powder)
- Orange Jam, or Strawberry Jam, or Mango Jam
- Kiwi, strawberry and banana, sliced
- Melted Chocolate, honey or maple syrup, caramel for drizzle
- You will need: Waffle Iron
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add oil, milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix it well to incorporate.
- Then add baking powder and flour. Mix it well until incorporated.
- Brush oil on a waffle machine. Spread 200 ml batter, close and turn the timer knob to 3 minutes.
- Arrange cooked waffles onto individual serving plates.
- To make Fruit Glaze: just add little water to your favorite Jam and stir. Then you can dip each slice of fruit into the glaze.
- Add it on top of the waffle and pipe rich whipped cream on top. Drizzle with honey, maple, or melted chocolate on top. Or just dust it with Icing sugar.
Note: whipping cream powder can be purchased in any baking store near your area or purchased at any local online stores for cash on delivery.
For Melted Chocolate:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for not more than 20 secs and make sure to pause in between to stir the chocolate as it melts. Alternatively you can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler using a gas stove.