In France parfait means perfect. It is a chilled dessert made from layers of fruits, chocolate fudge, cake, ice cream, whipped cream, etc., served in a tall parfait glass. These berries, banana and chocolate fudge parfait is so decadent and yummy!
Chocolate Berries Parfait
- 2 cups fresh strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup fresh Blackberry fruit, sliced (or blueberries)
- 1 cup slice bananas
- 2 cups plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Wafer sticks, garnish
- For the Chocolate Fudge:
- 1 small can (154 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 small can (168 ml) condensed milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup dark semi sweet chocolates (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Raspberry extract (or flavoring)
- 2 Tall Parfait glasses, for serving
- For Chocolate Fudge: Dissolve cocoa powder in evaporated milk. Add condensed milk.
- Dissolve all purpose flour in ¼ cup water and add in the milk-cocoa mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a heavy saucepan and cook over very low fire until thick, add the dark semi sweet chocolates and cook until Chocolate melts over low heat only.
- Remove from the fire and add the raspberry extract and butter. Blend well and let it cool.
- Assemble: In a tall parfait glass, add the first layer of chocolate fudge, then the blackberries, and lined with sliced banana on the side. Pour in chocolate fudge, and add the yogurt. Then line the side with sliced strawberries and chunks in the center. Pour in more chocolate fudge on top.
- Garnish with wafer sticks upon serving and one whole fresh strawberry on top and sprinkle with crushed wafers
- Serve it chilled. Enjoy!