Filipino Iced Tea Recipe
- For Tea Concentrate:
- 4 tea bags
- 5 cups of water, plus 3 more cups for the simple syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of packed light or dark, brown sugar
- 2 fresh Lemon, sliced (Limes or even Calamansi) slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- For the Syrup:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup ot white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of packed brown sugar
- Make a Tea Concentrate: Boil 5 cups of water, then take off of the heat. Soak 4 tea bags and cover with a lid. Let it stand for about 8 minutes.
- Make the Syrup: In a saucepan, mix together water, white sugar and brown sugar. Combine and bring to a boil in a saucepan, until completely dissolved. The simple syrup should be dark brown when the sugars are all dissolved.
- Make the Tea: Let the tea concentrate and the simple syrup mixtures cool down for a few hours, then add enough water and simple syrup to the tea to suit your own desired tastes. Soaked with fresh slices of lemon and limes upon serving.
You can make a larger batch of this recipe and just double or triple the listed ingredients. Don’t forget to add ice cubes upon serving. Or pour this tea into your ice tray. So it doesn’t dilute the taste of your ice tea when the ice cubes are melted.