Easy Potato Latkes (Potato Fritters)
A Latke is a Jewish cuisine usually made of potatoes and cooked just like fritters/pancakes. It is a Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine that is traditionally prepared to celebrate Hanukkah. Latkes can be made of other ingredients too, like cheese, onion and zucchini.
EASY POTATO LATKES RECIPE
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Ice water
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Oil for frying
- Prepare to use a blender, place half of the potatoes
- Add enough ice water to cover. Cover and blend potatoes just until grated.
- Drain grated potatoes with a strainer and transfer it in a mixing bowl. Do the same for the remaining potatoes.
- Add eggs and onion in a blender and blend to combine.
- Then add this mixture into the potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Drop one tablespoon of potato mixture into hot oil for each pancake.
- Fry until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Serve with applesauce, sugar or sour cream.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: