Kake Udon is the primary form of hot udon noodle soup. It is made of udon noodles floating in a flavorful dashi based broth. This is cheaper compared to restaurant-made udon and you can prepare it anytime you want, especially in this cold weather.
Kake Udon is very basic, just garnish the noodles with chopped onion leeks and that’s about it. Quick and easy soup! Other optional toppings you can add that are available from your pantry to make it more fancy: onion leeks, spinach, fish cake, etc. There are many options for you that you can find in Japanese grocery stores. You can use Mentsuyu for broth. The ratio is 1 cup of mentsuyu with 5 cups of water. This ratio is good for 4 bowls of serving.
Udon Noodle Soup is very easy as 2 + 2. You only need 3-4 basic ingredients; Udon, Mentsuyu broth, an egg and optional toppings.
Easy Kake Udon Recipe
- 1 pack (200g) Udon Noodles*
- 300ml Yamaki Mentsuyu soup broth*
- 1 egg
- Onion leeks (or Scallions / green onions), thinly sliced in slant
- Optional Toppings: Otafuku Tenkasu* (crunchy tempura bits) Kamaboko* Pink Fish Cake, and Spring Onions
- Dilute your men tsuyu with water and bring to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate container, Boil the Udon according to the instruction on the packaging. Drain the water from the Udon noodles.
- Then add it to boiling broth, add scallions and an egg. Turn off heat.
- Transfer into a bowl and top it with your choice topping. Ready to slurp
- *Yamaki Mentsuyu, udon noodles broth and other ingredients is available in Shopee, Lazada or Japanese Grocery stores and international isle of supermarket.
- Please follow package instructions for dilution. Ratio is normally 1 part tsuyu: 6 parts water.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).