Close to perfect! Baked Ziti Copycat of Sbarro. Easy and yummier! Homemade is simply the best. Happy cooking!
Baked Ziti Recipe (Sbarro Style)
- 200g ziti pasta
- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce (about 350g)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream (alternatively greek yogurt or any plain yogurt)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cooked shrimp, peeled, remove heads and tails
- ½ cup cooked chicken fillet, shredded (leftover roasted chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine spaghetti sauce with sour cream. Stir in broth. Add ½ cup Mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in ziti, add cooked shrimp and shredded chicken and blend well.
- Pour out into a cast iron skillet or any baking dish.
- Cover with foil, and bake for one hour.
- After one hour, take out the baking dish, uncover (carefully..very hot steam), and sprinkle it with remaining cheese.
- Return the skillet to the oven without cover and bake 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted on top.
- Best served with Garlic Bread. Enjoy!