Skip to content
Post Views: 3,217
Are you in the mood for Mexican Tacos? Try this low carb diet recipe today. Quick and easy recipe for Filipino kitchen. Happy cooking!
Fish and Mango Tacos Recipe
- For Mango Salsa:
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (lemon or calamansi)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, minced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed (alternatively milder version of cayenne pepper)
- For Tacos:
- 8 pcs Bambi Mexican corn tortillas (soft tacos), warmed in pan
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry (cream dory, or white fish)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon mexican oregano (or ¼ tsp oregano)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese (may substitute crumbled feta cheese or parmesan cheese, or monterey jack cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Make the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno. Toss them well and set aside.
- Bake the Fish: Place cod on 2 large sheets of foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry seasonings and sprinkle over cod.
- Wrap the fish in the foil packets. Place the fish packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Just before it reaches the cooking time, open the packet carefully (careful with the hot steam) and broil it on the top part of the oven to get a golden brown.
- Assembly: Place equal amounts cabbage in each tortilla and top with cod fish, add mango salsa and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite sauce like Sriracha sauce, Banana ketchup or sour cream sauce.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: