Skip to content
Are you in the mood for Mexican Tacos? Try this low carb diet recipe today. Quick and easy recipe for Filipino kitchen. Happy cooking!
Fish and Mango Tacos Recipe
- For Mango Salsa:
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (lemon or calamansi)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, minced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed (alternatively milder version of cayenne pepper)
- For Tacos:
- 8 pcs Bambi Mexican corn tortillas (soft tacos), warmed in pan
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry (cream dory, or white fish)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon mexican oregano (or ¼ tsp oregano)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese (may substitute crumbled feta cheese or parmesan cheese, or monterey jack cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Make the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno. Toss them well and set aside.
- Bake the Fish: Place cod on 2 large sheets of foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry seasonings and sprinkle over cod.
- Wrap the fish in the foil packets. Place the fish packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Just before it reaches the cooking time, open the packet carefully (careful with the hot steam) and broil it on the top part of the oven to get a golden brown.
- Assembly: Place equal amounts cabbage in each tortilla and top with cod fish, add mango salsa and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite sauce like Sriracha sauce, Banana ketchup or sour cream sauce.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: