An old Christmas delightful bite-size treat everybody loves to munch. Quick and easy dessert that your kids can help to make.
Danish Rum Balls Recipe
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (250g Lil Dutch vanilla wafers)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup (one brand is Karo Syrup)
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Grated Coconut for coating
**Notes: What is spiced rum? You may use any of your favorite spiced rum. It is just basically a rum that has been flavored. Example: Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, it is flavored with rich vanilla, brown sugar, warm spices and a hint of oak. Alternatively you may use 1⁄2 cup Bourbon.
- Sift the cocoa with 1 cup sugar.
- Stir in the spiced rum mixed with the syrup.
- Add crushed vanilla wafers and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into walnut sizes balls and roll in grated coconut or leave them plain for longer shelf life.
- Store in a tin or air-tight containers.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: