These appetizer are definitely a must have for any booze. These Gambas are very tasty and savory and a favorite in Spain for Tapas (hors d’oeuvres) with aperitif. So yummy!
Gambas al Ajillo Recipe
- 700g large shrimp
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Hot red pepper flakes
- Prepare to clean the shrimps (peel, devein and salt).
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic until it smells fragrant for about a minute or less.
- Toss in the shrimp and season with pepper flakes about ½ to 1 teaspoon.
- Let it cook, sizzle and cover the pan for about 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp becomes pink and cook through.
- Make sure not to cook it for more than 3 minutes or it will turn rubbery.
- Serve it hot and garnish with chopped parsley upon serving.