If you like the Coffee base Tiramisu..wait there’s more! You gotta try the Strawberry Tiramisu, it’s a refrigerator cake, and definitely no baking needed and yes it doesn’t have coffee. Happy cooking!
Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 kilo fresh ripe strawberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, diced (room temperature)
- ⅛ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 drops lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tub Cool Whip or any whipped cream**
- 1 package of lady fingers cookies (7 oz.)
- Cocoa or Chocolate powder, for Toppings
**Alternatively you may use whipping cream if there’s no readymade Whipped cream. Brands like Anchor Whipping Cream, Emborg, or Arla brand.
- FOR THE STRAWBERRIES: Wash and hull the strawberries. Slice the strawberry into ½ or 3-4 slices for medium to large
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle ½ of the granulated sugar to the slices of strawberries. Toss and turn until evenly distributed. Cover the bowl, and set aside in the fridge for an hour.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE: In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and gradually add condensed milk, powdered sugar, salt, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Then just fold the ½ tub (about 1 cup) whipped cream with your spatula. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLY: Now take out the strawberries and mix gently. Drain all the excess juice and transfer this juice into a rectangular tray and place the strawberries into a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the ladyfingers and soak it one by one, into the strawberry juice. Roll the lady finger twice into the juice. But don’t let it soak too long so it doesn’t break apart.
- Transfer in an 8″x 8″ glass dish. Keep moistening the lady fingers until the glass dish is filled with the biscuit at the bottom.
- Then do the next layer, spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers layer. Then place the layer of sliced strawberries. Then layer again with the cream cheese mixture and finally an extra whipped cream on top.
- Cover the glass dish with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 6 to 24 hours before serving. The longer you chill it the better.
- Upon serving, sprinkle cocoa powder on top and garnish with slices of fresh strawberries on top in the center. Serve and enjoy!
**If using a Whipping Cream: In a medium chilled bowl, beat cream and 2 tablespoons sugar with a mixer at low speed until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium-high. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.