Quick and easy side dish meal.. came out so yummy for my quick dinner. You can use soft tofu or firm tofu. Servings for 1-2 person.
Oyster Tofu Recipe
- 1 block fresh soft tofu* (you may also use firm tofu or the regular tofu), cubed
- 2-4 tablespoon oyster sauce (I used Mama Sita’s, taste may vary per brand so you need to adjust as needed or lessen)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine* (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I used syrup)
- 1-2 siling haba (long green chilli or any chilies)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper powder, to taste
- If using fresh tofu, the texture is softer than the firm tofu, they also call it silken tofu because it’s like silk when you bite it. I baked it in the oven until slightly firm and dryer. So it doesn’t mash in saute. Bake it in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- If using firm tofu, just sliced into cubes and fry it in oil on a non-stick pan until browned. Drain oil and transfer into a plate.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the chopped siling haba and other seasoning. Lastly, add the tofu and toss everything together. Add salt only if needed, or base on your taste preference and don’t forget the pepper powder (it will pump up the taste).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).