If you want a simple Holiday recipe this Christmas, this recipe is fairly easy and even the ingredients needed. But of course masarap! This Easy Pork Asado is not complicated, complicated na nga ang relationship pati ba naman ang ilulutong ulam. Lol..
In fact, I used Coke to help this Asado become tastier and actually much tender. If you don’t know yet, soft drinks are known to tenderize meat. Coke is used for this recipe to add color and flavor. It’s really yummmy!
Easy Pork Asado Recipe
- 1 kilogram pork tenderloin, whole
- Chicken broth powder or crushed knorr chicken cubes
- 4 cups coca-cola
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 o 2 star anise
- Pepper (grounded)
- Green onions, chopped
- Cooking Oil
- Preparation: Sprinkle the pork with broth powder and rub it on the meat (Dry rub). Let it marinade overnight or at a minimum of 4 hours. Set aside in the fridge using an airtight container.
- Cooking Time: Heat a pan with oil and fry the pork until slightly brown on the outside, for about 5 minutes. Just brown the skin on the outside. Then, remove from pan and drain excess oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan with minimal oil left, add all the ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- Add pork and season with pepper. Cover the pan, let it boil first and then just let it simmer over low for an hour.
- When the pork is very tender, adjust the taste by adding some oyster sauce. You may adjust to your own taste preference.
- Remove the cover and continue to simmer, until the sauce caramelizes and becomes thicker.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, sliced it. Then, garnish with chopped spring onions upon serving to make it more aromatic and yummy.
- Serve and enjoy!