This is just like our ordinary adobo but with less sauce. This adobo is simmered in until very dried and oily, it taste really good because the soy sauce is absorbed to the very core of the meat through slow cooking. (Ang adobong tuyo ay walang sabaw. Tikman at lutuin ngayon, nanunuot ang sarap ng adobo)!
Adobong Tuyo (Pork and Chicken)
- ¼ kilo pork meat (adobo cut)
- ¼ kilo chicken
- 3 teaspoon oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 pcs bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
- 2 long green chili pepper, chopped (siling haba)
- ½ can sprite
- In a pan, heat oil to saute garlic until fragrant. Add pork and chicken and let it brown over medium to high heat until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Add ½ cup water, soy sauce, vinegar laurel and sugar. Do not mix, bring it to a boil over high heat to let the vinegar evaporate first.
- Adjust heat to low then pour in the sprite. Let it simmer until the pork and chicken becomes tender. Continue to simmer over low heat until all liquid evaporates, mix it once in a while so it doesn’t scorch at the bottom.
- Once dried and oily, add chopped long green chili pepper or siling haba. If you don’t like spicy, 1 long green chili pepper is just good to flavor, but if you want it spicy..make it 2 long green chili peppers Toss and cover the pan. Turn off heat and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Adobong Tuyo (Manok at Baboy)
- 3 kutsaritang mantika
- 6 dinikdik na bawang
- ¼ kilo baboy na (hiniwa ng pakuwadrado)
- 1/4 kilo ng manok
- asin at paminta (budbod)
- 1/2 tasa ng suka
- 1/3 tasa ng toyo
- 1 kutsarang asukal
- 3-4 laurel
- 2 siling haba
- kalahating bote ng clear soda/Sprite
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
- Igisa ang bawang, baboy at manok.
Budburan ng asin at paminta. Lutuing mabuti hanggang
Sa maging golden brown ang baboy at manok.
- Lagyan ng tubig, toyo, suka, laurel at asukal. Huwag haluin.
Hinaan ang apoy ng kalan at saka lagyan ng soda.
Pakuluin nang bahagya hanggang sa lumambot ang baboy at manok.
- Hayaang matuyo ang sabaw. Lagyan ng siling haba, at takpan.
- Ilagay sa mangkok at i-hain. Enjoy!